Directions for Making Holiday Santa
- Take five large pine cones, two for the holiday Santa's arms, two for legs, and one for the body; glue
them together, and wind them round with wire.
- Cut the holiday Santa's boots out of wood, set them on a block, sharpen the upper ends, and insert them
in holes bored in the legs.
- Glue the holiday Santa's head and hands of an ordinary jointed doll on the body and arms; make the beard
and hair of flax, and fit a fur cap on the holiday Santa's head.
- Put a girdle of dried moss round the holiday Santa's waist, to conceal the wire, and knit tippet on the
- Fasten a paste-board basket, filled with candies and toys, on the
holiday Santa's back; throw a netted
bag with nuts and lady-apples, over one shoulder; and put a miniature Christmas tree in
one hand, and a nut-cracker and switch in the other.