- Explaining the Victorian Era
- Attend Your Own Funeral This Halloween…
- Old-Fashioned Halloween Fun… from the Past
- Celebrating All Things Gothic
- “Vulgarity is no substitute for wit” and other Downtonisms
Antique carriage clocks are valuable treasures from yesterday.
Exquisite, gem-like boxes were the gift of choice for European nobility.
Top hats for the stylish gentleman.
Period jewelry panning three centuries of jewelry workmanship and design.
The late 1850s brought cameos again back into favor and for decades the demand for them increased every year.
A collection of eight antique samplers, all embroidered by the same young girl — Elizabeth E. Jacobs, depicts the purpose of antique samplers. Young Elizabeth created the [...]
The pelisse was a long-enduring fashion in the first decades of the 19th century.
The British Royal Collection of Fabergé is unique and gives a remarkable insight into the dynastic relationships between the British, Danish and Russian royal families in [...]