- Explaining the Victorian Era
- Attend Your Own Funeral This Halloween…
- Old-Fashioned Halloween Fun… from the Past
- Celebrating All Things Gothic
- “Vulgarity is no substitute for wit” and other Downtonisms
Featuring images of Christmases in English middle-class homes.
Learn about Victorian Christmas trees at Windsor Castle.
How Queen Victoria’s vacation retreat influenced Victorian fashion.
Featuring a charming evergreen portiere.
Macy’s holiday tradition is based on the “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus” editorial from 1897.
More than three acres filled with Victorian holiday delights – unique gifts, sumptuous food & drink, entertainments galore!
History of active wear over the past 150 years.
America loved the Second Empire style with its popularity peaking between 1865 and 1880.