Halloween Dinner for Kids - Old-fashioned Warm Comfort Foods
Before the start of your trick-or-treat outing, serve up an old-fashioned Halloween dinner from the past. A turn-of-the-century book featured this Halloween dinner suggestion:
- Have a big pumpkin filled with yellow chrysanthemums for the center of the table and at each place a tiny pumpkin made into a candleholder with its own burning candle.
- Set on a side table a large carved pumpkin filled with small painted boxes containing individual presents for each guest.
- Light the room with jack o' lanterns or yellow paper lanterns.
- For the menu serve foods with Halloween and autumn colors, beginning with cream of corn soup in yellow bowls.
- Serve turkey, cranberry jelly, mashed turnips, baked sweet potatoes, on yellow plates.
- Serve fruit salad in the red apple cups, with pumpkin pie and yellow ice cream frozen in shape of pumpkins, for dessert.
- Serve hot chocolate in yellow cups.
Fun Halloween Ideas
Have an Old-Fashioned Halloween Party
Decorating Ideas for Halloween
Halloween Dinner for Kids
What is Halloween? History & Myths
Invite Friends for a Halloween Luncheon
Ideas for Halloween Party